I cannot believe it's been just about a year since I have last updated my blog. It's been quite the busy time and SO much has happened and been accomplished this past year! For instance...
○ I graduated college. At this point last year when I stopped blogging, I was so busy with final projects with school and student teaching where it was taking over my life! I graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. I am so happy that all that hard work has finally paid off!
My handsome guy and I.
My lovely Father and Mother, who I couldn't have done this without!
○ Tom and I got an apartment for ourselves. Although I don't have a picture of our new apartment, here is a picture of us at our favorite frozen yogurt spot (that we frequently go to now that we are so close to it...)
By the way, I apologize for the iPhone photo quality...
○ I got my first full-time, big girl job. I work as a preschool teacher at a private preschool, and I started right after I graduated last May. I am still currently working there, and it has been a fun and crazy ride! The children have certainly kept me young, and I have some of the best co-workers who have become great friends. Just a few months ago I was rewarded "Apple of Our Eye" for the month of December, which is similar to employee of the month. So that was pretty neat. :)
I can't post pictures of me with my kids, but here is one of a couple of my fellow teachers and I from our fall festival dressed in our DIY owl costumes (that yours truly created)!
○ I gained a LOT more fashion sense. Promise. Looking back from my old fashion posts, I chuckle a little. At the time I was just beginning to get into fashion, so cut me some slack. ;) Proof to come later.
○ Last month, I turned 24 years old, and on the same day, got engaged to my favorite person in the world! It was perfect! We are SO excited and I have been pinning on my wedding board and have had my eyes glued on wedding planning magazines and articles since. We are shooting for a wedding in September 2015, so we have some extra planning and saving time. :) I absolutely, positively, cannot. wait. ♡
Celebrating with drinks and dinner on the best birthday yet!
What I cannot stop looking at.
So there you have it. A little jumble of my life this past year in one blog post. WOO! Although I am staying busy, I do hope to update my blog as often as possible. I have been dying to get this post up, so I am taking full advantage of my day off (perks of working 4 10's).
I started my blog on one of my college breaks, and kind of did it all at once. Which is another reason why I stopped updating. I almost became burnt out, because I was so excited and put so much work into putting this blog up in one day. Almost like when you find that motivation to start a health-kick to eat better and go to the gym 5 days a week. You get so obsessed and into it that it just doesn't even end up working because you get sick of it. Not that I don't love a new health and fitness routine, but starting everything all at once is exhausting. One step at a time, friends!